Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thing 1: Blogging

This year I am an instructional technology resource teacher supporting K-8 colleagues in the Rochester City School District. I've gotten this assignment because I like using technology and I see how it can be a powerful tool for teachers to get students engaged in learning. The thing I most like about teaching is that there is always something new to learn. The name of this program -- Cool Tools for School -- immediately piqued my curiosity. I'm always looking for ways to get my students excited about learning so my first impulse was sign me up; I want to know about this! A glance at the topics confirmed that I'd be learning about subjects I needed to understand in my new position. For example, I knew nothing about starting a blog before this assignment and now I have one started!

No comments:

Post a Comment